"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless as this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress." James 1:27

Friday, September 10, 2010

Here's something real quick....

Hola from India!!
So things have been pretty interesting around here. But definately good! The days are never the same. We continue to teach the kids english and drawing, while they continue to teach us Telugu and Indian dances and such. Last night was the most BEAUTIFUL night I've ever seen. The sky was so clear and I've never seen so many stars. God truly is amazing, and they made the pictures in my Discovering the Universe class book look pathetic. Haha. We continue to recieve love from all the people here, especially the children. It really is remarkable how much they can love two strangers. Right now it's a 6 day festival or something. I believe it's called Remjen (spelling?). Most of the kids have gone home to celebrate with their families. The few that have stayed have taught us many games, and we teach them Uno, war, and other games we make up with a deck of cards. Jordan went to town yesterday. He can post about what happened there. I stayed at the orphanage and did some work and hung with the kids. I ate lunch with them, and I have honestly never eaten something so spicy before. My mouth was pretty much on fire! Haha. Everyday is someone else's birthday it seems, so I'm going to go celebrate that. So, we'll fully update everyone in a few days or so on what's been going on. I just decided to put up a brief message. Enjoy the changing weather at home, with fall approaching. Also to anyone still in school, have fun! Haha.
For now,
Meghan and Jordan :]

1 comment:

  1. So great to see your update. Your tone is joyful and at peace so you seem to be settling in. So wonderful to see you following God's direction for your lives.

    P.S. Food in the USA may be bland for you guys from now on....since no mention of stomach upset, I guess your system is adjusting!

    ReplyDelete