"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless as this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress." James 1:27

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ah, I can't think of a title...

Hey! It's Meghan

Well, you guessed it. We're still in India. Ha! The days continue to go by, and I realized we've been here for about a month and a half now. Wow! It feels like just yesterday we got here. We continue to eat spicy food and do the usual Indian thing. I'm pretty sure we're slowly morphing into Indians (if that's even possible). My last post was about the festival, and that just ended. The last day of the festival though, it rained. It poured actually, really, reallly hard. We danced in the rain and got soaking wet, which felt nice and cooling. While I was drying off, I felt a deep remorse looking out at the roads. They were slowly getting worse. And that's just where we are. The roads are a lot worse near the villages. Please just continue to pray for the villages. I'm not exactly sure the level of damage the rain did yet, but I heard it's been wiping out a lot. One of the villages on a lower elevation is up to their waists in water. Pray that their houses, livestock, crops, etc. are not too badly damaged. That's their life here. Without it, it's hard to survive. And the rain also brings disease, so continue to pray for the people affected by it. I know a lot of the little girls at night give me prayer requests to pray for their parents or loved ones with fevers. Some of the children have also gotten sick, so please pray for them. Prayer has been a really powerful thing here in India (as it is everywhere). I am moved every time I see one of the little ones get down on their knees and earnestly pray to their Father. The most moving prayer time is perhaps at night. I go in the girl's room to pray and wish them goodnight and give out hugs. Some nights though, the girls will annoint my head with oil and put crosses on me and pray for me. It truly is touching. God is working in a lot of their little hearts, and I love it. Please pray that He continues to move these children and speak through us while we teach them. A lot of the kids are Hindu, and there's a few Muslim kids as well. I can see their curiousity when we teach during Sunday school or give the nightly verse and prayer. Just pray that the Lord can work through us to touch them. Thank you all for your prayers thus far. They truly have been appreciated. I hope everyone at home is doing well, and I look forward to hearing from you and sharing more stories with you.

God Bless,

Meghan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment